Monday 12 May 2014

Twilight

Its been 19 days since I proudly displayed inked index finger of my left hand. But true to its name and purpose the indelible mark refuses to fade. Today when I look at this mark I hope that the symbolism extends to the promises made by the party and its candidate who were fortunate to garner my precious vote. While many were quick to remind me of the insignificance of my vote as a faceless common man on the street, I felt like a paying customer who shelled out a precious resource in expectation of quality service. As a 45 year old man I have seen half a dozen general elections since I turned 18 but for the first time in life I overcame cynicism that had become a general malaise. For the first time I sensed an urge to be part of the metamorphosis that my country was undergoing and felt a need to be part of history in making. With the atmosphere so charged up getting swept away was inevitable. The zeal and optimism for a better tomorrow was not there even when I voted for the first time after turning 18.

After  almost a month of staggered exercise across the length and breadth of the country the destiny of the nation now lies sealed in the innumerable EVMs that will decide whether we witness a sunrise as promised or collectively we will be staring at another term of indecisiveness and chaos in the name of democracy. Whatever be the eventuality, in less than 100 hours from now, we would be realising the intrinsic value of our votes. Till then its a sense of hope for a better tomorrow. Its three more days of twilight.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! So your daughter inspired blog is up finally!!
    Good piece. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Badhiya Jayant. Chalne de aise hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sentiment, I can emphasize with u

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.